An experiment in power and receptivity fueled by experience, expression, thinking, doing, making and keeping a record of one person’s labor in order to come into her own time of weaving her own story (a slow dance with a scorpion). This is it. This is who I am. Take me as I am.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

666666666666

This first song was inspired by a call in to the Savage Lovecast I was listening to while driving down highway 1 past Half Moon Bay last November. This is me trying to figure out the lyrics and cracking myself up. The call was from a lesbian whose girlfriend was trying to break up with her cause she was afraid she wasn't 100% gay. She kept repeating the phrase "never going back to dick" and I was really feeling her pain. Even though this song is a joke I mean no disrespect to anybody's sexuality. As a side note, gay marriage bills had just passed in a few more US states - Yay! Equality!

This next one I wrote and recorded real quick a few minutes ago. I'm feeling a little tender, so be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Listening to your lyrics, to your fears and insecurities being released while I sit in my little trailer on a muddy hill in the yard of my parents house on my computer...you my friend are inspiring and beautiful and even though we barely know one another I know your wild woman touches my wild women cause my head falls back to rest in the real ness of your lyrics and the corners of my mouth turn upwards at the truth in your courage. Your vulnerability is noble. I'm listening.

    ReplyDelete