An experiment in power and receptivity fueled by experience, expression, thinking, doing, making and keeping a record of one person’s labor in order to come into her own time of weaving her own story (a slow dance with a scorpion). This is it. This is who I am. Take me as I am.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

four

Act 4: In which our hero records some songs (shittily), uploads them to the internet (amazingly) and shares them (anxiously).

This is a cover of a song sung by Bert Jansch (although I don't think he wrote it. Might have been written by Karen Dalton, her version is a killer).


This one's originally by Jolie Holland.


And another Jolie Holland.


And another from Bert Jansch (also Anne Briggs) although he most certainly did not write it. This song has roots.


If you made it through all four songs all I can say is thanks. Sharing the music that I love to play is sort of a HUGE fear of mine. I'm sure you can hear it in the recordings. I can. But this is what pussymuscle is all about. Facing fear, being ok with imperfection, and putting the things that I like to create out into the world. Even if no one is listening.

1 comment: